For maybe half a year now, LOD and I have been meeting every other week or so to talk about the kids’ schedules and any concerns or logistics of the kids. It started out as kind of tense meetings in which we’d debate which calendar format to use. Then we figured out that if we added coffee to the chat it got more friendly, and we didn’t get so territorial about calendars, so it turned into Get Coffee and Talk About the Kids. Now by the end of the summer we’ve settled into a bi-weekly-ish Get Coffee, Talk About The Kids, and Bitch About Construction All Over Ann Arbor session.
In the past it’s been all business (including the bitching about construction), but school started here last week and I think both of us were just so happy we each got the kids there on time and with their shoes on and with all the forms filled out on our respective days with the kids, and that our older one seems to be having a much better year so far even after only three days, so we were kind of unfocused when we had our meeting last Friday.
These were the highlights of our meeting:
- I introduced LOD to the manager of the coffee place (my local) and the manager seemed to be a bit confused about why ex-spouses were there together and not hostile to each other.
- LOD received an email Groupon for concealed carry lessons for handguns. This is funny for a lot of reasons.
- Somehow the topic of the Robin Byrd show came up. Robin Byrd is this freaky lady who does a show every night on public access TV in NYC during which she interviews strippers and porn stars and lets them promote their upcoming gigs and then shows pretaped stripteases. It’s hard to imagine until you’ve seen it. Anyway, it is never not going to be funny. Ever.
- We confirmed the kids’ school and soccer schedules.
- We exhaled about the kids’ new teachers.
- We bitched about construction.
Then we adjourned.